Your new patio looks better than you ever imagined! Now you just have to make sure you keep up with maintenance. It’s important to take care of your patio, or else it will just go to waste. Nobody wants to entertain on a dirty patio. The bricks will become weathered over time, but you can use these methods for keeping your patio looking as new as possible:
- Sweeping. Make sure to sweep at least weekly to keep the patio free of leaves and other debris.
- Use an absorbent. If liquids have spilled on the patio, an absorbent (even cat litter!) will help pick it up to avoid deterioration of the bricks.
- Power washing. Periodically power washing your patio will get rid of all the dirt and grime that has built up over time. Your brick pavers will look brand new!
- Be informed. It is important to know what kind of cleaners you are using on your patio. Using the wrong cleaner can harm the bricks. Do your research before beginning to clean.
- Use a sealant. A sealant is useful after cleaning because it can prevent stains on the brick, and weed growth between the bricks.
While some of these steps can be performed by yourself, calling a professional might be a better option. Atlantic Maintenance Group specializes in the installation and maintenance of paver patios in Baltimore. If you have any more questions about paver patio maintenance, are looking to install a new patio in your backyard, or would like a free quote, call Atlantic Maintenance Group at 410-768-4720 or contact us via our website today.
Atlantic Maintenance Group is a full service landscaping company, providing maintenance, design and construction, as well as snow removal, asphalt and concrete services. We are your source for complete landscape and facility maintenance for commercial and residential properties throughout Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania and Delaware. We are a self-performing landscaping company, meaning we don’t hire subcontractors, and senior management is involved with every project. Our highly trained team of professionals receives constant, ongoing education on the latest industry trends, updates and safety measures. This ensures we can deliver outstanding customer service and results to our clients, regardless of the size of your job.