If you haven’t incorporated landscape lighting into your Baltimore yard, you’re missing out on a golden opportunity to shed some light on the best features of your landscaping (see what we did there?). There are quite a few advantages to lighting up your lawn, especially if you live somewhere that doesn’t have a whole lot of public lighting or if you want to showcase a particular part of your home. The more you know about outdoor lighting and its advantages, the better informed you’ll be to make a decision about what the best kind of outdoor lighting is for your home. We’ve compiled the top 5 reasons, in our opinion, that you should invest in outdoor lighting.
- Aesthetics – The main reason that most people add outdoor lighting to their home is to add to the house’s appearance. If, for instance, you have lawn ornaments or plants that enhance the appearance of the exterior of your home, you might want to highlight those. You can also highlight the house, itself, for a more visible home. When spotlights are strategically placed, they can add a whole other element of sophistication to your home.
- Increase living space – Summer is coming up, which means you’ll be spending more time outdoors. Baltimore nights are warm enough in the summer to spend time on your paver patio with friends and family. Adding additional lighting to your backyard will allow you some extra room to move, so you don’t feel confined to your home after the long and brutal Maryland winter we just had.
- Security – If your house is lit up like a Christmas tree, chances are, burglars are going to pass right by your home. There’s a much larger chance that they’re going to caught if they can be seen by all the neighbors and through the windows of your own home. It also gives you the ability to see outside and keep an eye on your property with ease. Exterior lighting for your home will help keep you and yours safe.
- Safety – Different from security, safety ensures that you don’t trip over any outdoor hazards and that you can always see if there’s a wild animal or someone on your property who doesn’t belong there. Illuminating your home and yard will help you and any guests you have avoid accidents – it could save you money in the long run from someone becoming seriously injured and opting to sue.
- Versatility – You can have outdoor lighting installed for multiple purposes and one type of light can serve more than one purpose. Lighting your pathway, paver patio, and home can make it look beautiful, but also doubles as a safety feature. If you choose eco-friendly solutions, you can be part of the green movement while saving money and adding an element of beauty to your home.
When you’re ready to add outdoor lighting to your Maryland home, you should call the outdoor lighting experts at Atlantic Maintenance Group.
Atlantic Maintenance Group is a full service landscaping company, providing maintenance, design and construction, as well as snow removal, asphalt and concrete services. We are your source for complete landscape and facility maintenance for commercial and residential properties throughout Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania and Delaware. We are a self-performing landscaping company, meaning we don’t hire subcontractors, and senior management is involved with every project. Our highly trained team of professionals receives constant, ongoing education on the latest industry trends, updates and safety measures. This ensures we can deliver outstanding customer service and results to our clients, regardless of the size of your job.
If you have any questions about outdoor lighting, or to get your free quote today, give us a call at 410-768-4720 or contact us via our website today.