Colorful leaves have begun to adorn the trees and there’s no question that the temperatures have taken a turn. Fall has finally made itself known in Maryland and it’s time to begin the necessary preparations for cooler weather. One of the important items that you need to cross off your list this fall is roof maintenance. The best times of year to have your roof inspected are spring and fall, for a couple of different reasons.
- First, summer storms and hail can cause leaks in your roof.
- Second, once the leaves start to fall, you can end up with a lot of debris on your roof.
If your roof is weakened by storms, you can end up with leaks, holes, and a lot of expensive damage. Storms have lots of different ways of damaging your property. Fallen branches, hail, and even significant rain can damage your roof as well as your gutters and flashings. Once fall hits, leaves and debris become even more prevalent on your roof. If damp debris is left to sit long enough, it can cause rot and mold to develop on your roof. Rot can easily eat through the shingles on your roof and cause damage to your attic. Following are some of the things that your Baltimore roof inspector will look for when he or she gets up on your roof.
- Missing or damaged shingles – Your shingles are the first line of defense on your roof. If they’re missing, broken, or starting to deteriorate, it may be indicative of a bigger problem. Your Baltimore roof maintenance expert will easily be able to tell you if any of the damage to your roof is significant and needs to be taken care of.
- Ceilings in your home – Another way that a roofing expert can tell if there’s something wrong with your roof is by checking the ceilings in your home. If there’s any sign of water damage, it might mean something is wrong with the roof. They’ll also check your ventilation system and any damage that might be caused by animals.
- Problems with the gutters – It is extremely important that your gutters are cleaned out and sturdy for the fall and winter months. Any leaves or debris that get stuck in your gutters could cause ice dams when water begins to freeze. Ice dams can cause your gutters to break, which may be a very costly repair or replacement for you.
Maryland Professional Roofing Maintenance
Don’t wait until your roof needs replacing. Let us find and eliminate leaks and other potential problems with a roof inspection. From flashing repair to patching flat roof membranes and shingle roofs, we can extend the life of your roof. Ask us about our complete roof replacement capabilities. To get your free quote, give us a call at 410-768-4720 or contact us via our website today.
You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google+ to see how we’re growing!
Source: All Roofing Solutions